Friday, April 22, 2011

Playing Dress-Up

It's a GOOD way to spend Good Friday..... keeping this little chick. I am having fun playing dress-up with my girls' old dresses. Caroline wore this one on her first Easter. That was back in the day when I smocked and made matching dresses for my girls to wear for practically all occasions. I was a little out of control, over the top, and ridiculous about their attire. I remember I used to get excited each morning when they woke, because it was a new opportunity to "dress them up" for the day. God sure knew what he was doing when He gave me girls.

Yesterday, I took Rebecca shopping for a new Easter dress. At almost twelve, she has thoughts and opinions now about what she would like to wear. I, also, have thoughts and opinions about what I would like for her to wear. "We both have to agree" is the understood rule. There was some...

"Mom, absolutely not." "Are you kidding me?" and "I don't think so."

...but in the end, it was a pretty successful trip. We found a dress that we BOTH were happy with and had a few laughs in the process. Those days of having complete control of the wardrobe are over...
...but I like these days too.

2 comments:

  1. Successful indeed! She looks beautiful! We have just recently come to the same conclusion...we both have to agree. I was surprised how early in life my girls became so opinionated about clothing. I just hate that I bought that one last smocked poodle dress for Emma in a 5T. That did not fly! :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost my control over wardrobe at about age 3 with my oldest. She is and has always been a fashion diva. Thankfully my middle still lets me have a big say in what she wears. At least for a little longer.

    ReplyDelete